03 March 2006

"The Arabs Bought What!?"

I am a patriotic American, I love my country, I love my family, and I want to keep them safe as much as the next guy. So when I hear that Mohamed Jihad from East What's-it-stan is going to have control of our ports, I don't get all warm-n-fuzzy inside. I mean who can sleep at night knowing that the "God blast the U.S.A." crowd is in charge of what comes into our country. You may be able to deal with America being turned into a crater, but I have better, less explosive plans for my life. So with all that said, why am I not furious about the Dubia port deal? Because the media has ( you'd better sit down for this) lied and mislead you again. You surprised? I didn't think so. Here is how it is being portrayed;
--There is growing concern in the US over a multi-billion dollar deal giving control of ports to an Arab company(BBC)
-- He proposed selling the shipping operations at six major U.S. seaports to an Arab-owned company. The President is defending the deal.
But Republicans and Democrats alike are questioning the logic of out-sourcing the management of the sea ports.
Two million tons of cargo passes through U.S. Ports each year.
Security officials are worried that terrorists could use the ports to smuggle in weapons of mass destruction. (msnbc)
--"This whole notion that Dubai is going to control or set standards for U.S. ports is a canard.(cnn)
With the news reports like this, that we get from the mainstream media, I can't see how anyone would allow such a deal. But Thankfully, with alternative forms of media, and good common sense, we now have the ability to see through the smoke. The truth is this,
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is always in charge of the nations port security, not the private company that operates facilities within the ports. Nothing will change with this transaction. DHS, along with the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other Federal agencies, sets the standards for port security and ensures that all port facility owners and operators comply with these standards.The transaction is not about port security or even port ownership, but only about operations in port. DP World will not manage port security, nor will it own any ports. DP World would take on the functions now performed by the British firm P&O basically the off- and on-loading of cargo. Employees will still have to be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents. No private company currently manages any U.S. port. Rather, private companies such as P&O and DP World simply manage and operate individual terminals within ports. So then why are we being led to believe things like, an Arab company is buying our ports, and port security in controlled by the Arabs, and my favorite, now terrorists could use the ports to smuggle in WMD's (why bother, Bill Clinton already made it to easy to bring them across the U.S.- Mexico border). Because it's another chance to jump on the "I hate Bush bandwagon". Just sit back and think for a minute, and let the logic and common sense warm up, and ask yourself, why would a man who has spent the last 6 years fighting terrorism, and put his presidency on the line more than a few times for the safety and security of this country, allow a deal that would put the very thing he vowed to defend, in jeopardy. You have heard the lies, and the rhetoric, but before you crucify Bush, consider the facts, and keep in mind, the media has as much of an agenda as any political party, and stories like this show their true colors. But when has the media ever let the truth get in the way of a good story?

(info on port deal obtained from fox news unless otherwise noted)




1 comment:

John said...

For once, you and I are in complete agreement (though I had to look up the definition of canard before saying so).

I think the liberal media gets us in a lot of trouble, and they are nowhere near as unbiased as they would like us to believe.

And don't even get me started on the ACLU! I'll just say this: I think that they are the single most evil organization in America.